No Mistake For The Third Time – Obama Drops ‘Creator’ from Declaration of Independence
Yes…… I admit it…… I am one of “those” who never believed it was a “mistake” by Obama when he mis-quoted the Declaration Of Independence about a month ago ……. and here we have our proof it was no mistake as Obama “there you go again” drops the ‘Creator’ for the third time within 33 days from a speech he is giving………
So the question in the video is actually wrong…… three times not only twice has Obama rewritten the Declaration Of Independence:
- September 15: Obama addressed the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute 33rd Annual Awards Gala.
- September 22: Obama spoke at a fundraiser for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC)
- October 18: Obama spoke at a fundraiser dinner in Rockville, Maryland Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC)
From the Whitehouse.gov website, the text of the President’s remarks to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee on October 18:
“As wonderful as this land is here in the United States, as much as we have been blessed by the bounty of this magnificent continent that stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific, what makes this place special is not something physical. It has to do with this idea that was started by 13 colonies that decided to throw off the yoke of an empire and said, ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that each of us are endowed with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,’” Obama said in Monday’s speech. [Emphasis added.]
The Declaration of Independence actually says:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.” [Emphasis added.]
When asked why the president did not use the words “endowed by their Creator” in his Monday speech, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters on Tuesday:
“I haven’t seen the comments, Lester. But I can assure you the president believes in the Declaration of Independence.”
But back on September 15, President Obama addressed the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute.
Here is the transcript:
“So let me close by saying this.Long before America was even an idea, this land of plenty was home to many peoples. To British and French, to Dutch and Spanish, to Mexican — (applause) — to countless Indian tribes. We all shared the same land.We didn’t always get along. But over the centuries, what eventually bound us together –what made us all Americans — was not a matter of blood, it wasn’t a matter of birth. It was faith and fidelity to the shared values that we all hold so dear. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,(pause) endowed with certain inalienable rights: life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That’s what makes us unique.That’s what makes us strong. . . .”
After that speech and questions about the non-mention of “creator,” the White House, as reported on Sept. 20 by Fox News’ Bret Baier:
“said that President Obama went off script and adlibbed when he made that mistake.”
On Sept. 22, President Obama spoke at a fundraiser for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City. In his speech he also omitted the word “creator” when mentionin the “certain inalienable rights” the Declaration says men are endowed with by their Creator.
“And what was sustaining us was that sense that, that North Star, that sense that, you know what, if we stay true to our values, if we believe that all people are created equal and everybody is endowed with certain inalienable rights and we’re going to make those words live, and we’re going to give everybody opportunity, everybody a ladder into the middle class, every child able to go as far as their dreams will take them–if we stay true to that, then we’re going to be able to maintain the energy and the focus, the fight, the gumption to get stuff done,” Obama said at the DCCC/DSCC event, according to the transcript posted by the White House.
- Obama Leaves “By their Creator” Out From “The Declaration of Independence” at Hispanic Caucus Speech FirstPatriots | September 20, 2010 Obama will blame his...
- Understanding the Declaration of Independence – 9 Key Concepts Everyone Should Know cmseibert | April 16, 2009 Understand 9 Key Concepts...
- We Will Not Be Silenced – How The Obama Mob Stole A Nomination Update: Please follow the following links for new and updated...
- Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration Too Late To Apologize: A Declaration Halfway across the...
- DNC Chair Withholds Support for Dems Who Speak Out Against Obama/Pelosi If you are a Democrat and are running for...